PURPOSE & OBJECTIVES
To foster leadership potential in the local community to ensure positive growth and development of the Louisa County Region.
- Encourage participants to develop the skills and access resources needed to provide the leadership to address community needs.
- Enhance an understanding of the complex issues facing the Louisa community through:
- Educational programs designed to broaden knowledge of the area, and increase awareness of community processes, programs and problems.
- Exposure to local government, economic, social and political organizations, as well as the local education system, businesses and non-profit organizations.
- Introductions to community leaders and local decision makers.
JAN - JUNE 2022 SESSIONS
- January: Values Based Leadership 101, Self-Awareness, and Core Values
- February: Receiving and Giving Feedback
- March: Effective Communication and Values Based Conversations
- April: Leadership and Influence
- May: Leading Change, Managing with Courage, Dealing with Ambiguity
- June: Program Reflection and Graduation
Participants are expected to attend consistently and participate fully in all Leadership Louisa sessions. For the 2022 program there will be a total of 6 sessions January through June, with a graduation being included as part of the final session. Additional time will also be required for participation in a group project.
Taking into account that unanticipated emergency situations do arise, members will be allowed, but not encouraged, to be absent from no more than one (1) scheduled class sessions. Members must participate in at least five (5) of the six (6) sessions in order to receive a Certificate of Graduation.
If you are unable to make the necessary time commitment, it is not in your best interest to apply at this time. Because of the required time commitment, the support of the participant’s employer is essential.
- Willingness to commit to attendance at six full-day sessions once per month January through June & all work required outside of class.
- Employed for more than 1 year by current employer & seeking professional growth.
- A demonstrated capacity for leadership within the individual’s own organization.
- Sincere concern about the future of our community & commitment to help shape its future
Participation in Leadership Louisa is open to persons living and/or working in Louisa County or working for businesses serving the Louisa community. Additionally, in an effort to foster regional cooperation, one or more individuals may potentially be selected from respective neighboring localities. A maximum of twelve individuals will be selected for the 2022 program.
A clearly expressed interest in community service and engagement in the Louisa community is an essential program requirement. Additionally, the selection committee is committed to equal opportunity and seeks representation from a cross-section of the community: business, education, the arts, religion, government, community-based organizations, and ethnic and minority groups.
Individuals selected for the program will be notified by December 1, 2021. For additional information or questions, please contact the Chamber of Commerce at 540-967-0944 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tuition may be provided by the employer/organization, individual participant, or through scholarship financial assistance.
A non-refundable $25 application fee is required with the application.
Tuition is due upon acceptance to the program, Dec. 1, 2021 and must be paid in full by January 14, 2022.
$750 ($550 for Louisa Chamber Members)
HOW TO APPLY
Step 1: Register and submit the $25 application fee here
Step 2: Review the questions and gather necessary documentation to submit application. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD .PDF
Step 3: Finalize and submit application by Friday, Nov. 12, 2021 by 5 pm Link will be provided after registration and application fee is received.